ARMAS iOS App Support
The ARMAS iOS app supports six user groups with radiation exposure information. These groups include vehicle owners with a FM7, pilots and crew, business flyers and high mileage frequent flyers, the public interested in space weather that is related to radiation exposure, and the curious user not familiar with the radiation environment in an aircraft or space vehicle. The ARMAS iOS app is available at the Apple App store as a free download. Upgrades can be obtained within the app itself.
ARMAS iOS app User Guide
The Automated Radiation Measurements for Aerospace Safety (ARMAS) program has been developed with NASA funding. It provides accurate, real-time radiation monitoring along with radiation and space weather awareness for the global airspace up to 100 km altitude.
The ARMAS app is part of this program and does two tasks:
– it pairs with and controls the 7th generation ARMAS Flight Module (FM7) radiation detector (purchased separately) to provide the highest quality, real-time dose and dose rates in aircraft and suborbital vehicles. It is sensitive to radiation from all sources including heavy ions, alphas, protons, neutrons, electrons, and gamma-rays.
– it provides radiation awareness by hosting real-time space weather data coming from dozens of ground- and space-based systems that report all the information relevant to radiation processes without requiring a purchase of the FM7.
ARMAS is the ‘gold-standard’ in real-time radiation monitoring and awareness used by professional pilots, business travelers, and commercial space tourists. The ARMAS program is developed and operated by Space Environment Technologies, which specializes in space weather as an official NOAA “Weather Ready Nation” Ambassador.
Collection of your Flight Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our ARMAS app, SET may collect the following personally identifiable information:
- Flight ICAO carrier, flight number and/or vehicle tail number information
- ARMAS FM7 instrument UUID number
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to a third party provider (Apple) when you elect to use certain products or services available via the ARMAS iOS app. These may include: (a) opting to send an email message containing dose information; (b) submitting a credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing upgraded products, services and subscriptions. We will use your information for communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us.
Use of your Flight Information
- SET does not collect Personal Identifiable Information (PID) through your use of the ARMAS app.
- SET collects and uses the flight ICAO carrier, flight number and/or vehicle tail number information you voluntarily provide to calculate your requested effective dose rates and deliver them back to your ARMAS app.
- SET uses your flight information, unless covered by a mutually signed data embargo agreement, for scientific research purposes and provides the non-identifiable flight information on its archival public website (https://sol.spacenvironment.net/ARMAS_Archive/)
- SET does not use this information to inform you of other products or services available from SET and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
SET does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
SET shares ICAO carrier, flight number and/or vehicle tail number information data with trusted partners to retrieve flight data records in latitude, longitude and altitude for the purpose of calculating effective dose on your requested flight.
SET does not disclose the specific FM7 UUID, ICAO carrier, flight number and/or vehicle tail number information provide through this app unless required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on SET or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of SET; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of SET, or the public.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about the ARMAS FM7 and app’s hardware and software may be automatically collected by SET through the ARMAS app. This information can include: the FM7’s dose information and UUID address, the FM7 firmware version, and the app’s processing of the dose data into dose rates and GPS/iOS time tags as well as its software version during normal operation of the app. A user may select debug mode to be on for bug fixing analysis. Ancillary debugging information will also be made available to the user and the downlink data stream upon request. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the ARMAS app.
Security of your Personal Information
SET secures your app’s information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. SET uses the following methods for this purpose:
- SSL Protocol
For example, when personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take all necessary security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmitted information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Children Under Thirteen
SET does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
External Data Storage
SET may store your ARMAS iOS app data on hosted servers provided by third party vendors with whom SET has contracted. SET ensures that these vendors contractually maintain rigorous security protocols on your behalf for ARMAS systems.
Changes to this Statement
SET welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that SET has not adhered to this Statement, please contact us at:
Space Environment Technologies
Address: 528 Palisades Dr., Ste. 164, Pacific Palisades, California 90272
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone number: +1-310-573-4185 Effective as of January 28, 2020
Overview of ARMAS App Features
Overview of the ARMAS iOS app
This overview of the overall ARMAS iOS app features information for Public, Member, Premier, Professional, and Enterprise users.
What you get –
- Shows ARMAS and NAIRAS current radiation environment
- Provides information for understanding radiation sources
- Demonstrates an example FM7 flight screen
- Provides information about the FM7 instrument
- Includes all Public download features
- Shows Sun and Earth current events related to radiation
- Removes all ads
- Includes all Member features
- Shows current global radiation conditions up to 90 km
- Enables Flight window to download radiation information
- Includes all Premier features
- Shows flight-specific path through radiation field
- Gives satellite view for regional context
- Provides summary for a specific flight
- Includes all Professional features
- Provides access to all features when paired with ARMAS FM7
- Enables full control of, and download of data from, FM7
Finding ARMAS in the App Store
Keywords for ARMAS app on the App store
The ARMAS iOS app supports aircraft and suborbital vehicle owners using a FM7, pilots and crew, frequent flyers, and the public interested in space weather.
YouTube video on how to redeem a code
ARMAS, Flight Module, FM7, aviation, radiation, detector, monitoring, space weather, SET, flight safety